Health and safety of the consumer and staff is becoming priority for many businesses, and therefore most commercial environments are realising the potential benefit of pest control management.
S K Ward Pest Control Services offer a FREE survey and quotation to establish your pest control requirements, and we can then provide a completively priced bespoke pest control contract to suit your needs.
Electronic reports are completed after each visit recording our findings, products used and any recommendations made at the time of inspection and emailed to you for your records. A site safety file will be kept on site.
One-off visits can also be undertaken to deal with the occasional pest/vermin problem.
Our extensive client list includes:
- Local authorities
- Universities, colleges and schools
- Letting and estate agents
- Retailers and shops
- Hotels and public H=houses
- Farms and food & drink producers
- Catering companies
- Nursing homes
- Light industry
- Builders and developers
- Refuse Sites
- Poultry Units
Each industry is governed by its own set of health, safety and hygiene legislation. These can affect businesses whether or not they handle food. Below are some of the Acts of Parliament that may affect your you or your business. These include:
- Prevention of Damage by Pests Act
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Control of Pesticides Regulations
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
- Food Safety Act
- Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations
Legislation places the burden on businesses to ensure they take the necessary steps with regards to pest control.
If the relevant legislation is not complied you may receive substantial penalties which can include:
- A prison term of up to two years
- Up to £20,000 fine for each offence
- The closure of the premises concerned